Location: 120 Brunello Blvd., Timberlea, NS B3T 0G9 (Map)
Golf Course Designer: Thomas McBroom
General Manager: Miles Mortensen
Superintendent: Chris Wallace
Course Length: 5,441-7,089 yards
Par: 72 - 5 par 5s, 8 par 4s, and 5 par 3s
Traditional Season: May to October
Opening: June 15, 2015
Real Estate Website: www.brunelloestates.com
The 7,089-yard course will open June 15, 2015 and will offer bentgrass tees, greens and fairways, GPS to the flag measurement, numerous white-sand bunkers, multiple teeing areas, and continuous paved cart paths. Memorable views have been maintained and challenging topography has been transformed into spectacular fairways. Strong, large, “bull nose” white sand bunkers – a recent McBroom design innovation – match the scale of the natural surroundings.
Thomas McBroom has produced many of Canada’s most celebrated and enjoyed facilities. At The Links at Brunello, he has very successfully applied his art of golf design, taking advantage of the unique features of the local landscape.
- Extensive practice facilities include a 350 yard length range, practice bunker; the chipping green and short game area that will rival any facilities in the Halifax area.
- Carts will be permitted on the fairways in virtually all weather conditions due to an industry leading drainage design incorporated during the construction of the golf course.
- Unique and new the course offers a blend of four passenger and traditional golf carts featuring GPS to the flag measurements.
- Each hole has a minimum of 4 tee boxes with some holes having as many as 6 tee options for traditional play. The course will also have a hybrid course for development purposes.
- The course features 40 acres of natural wetland and natural fauna separating many of the holes.
- The course layout and design precedes other Brunello development features, resulting in an uninterrupted flow to the course.
- The course is complete, with full length, end-to-end paved cart paths and features 38 white silica sand bunkers.
The Clubhouse is currently in the design phase, to be completed in 2016.